The Rare Books Collections of the Falk Library of the Health Sciences bring together a fine selection of rare books from the former libraries of the Schools of Medicine, Dental Medicine, Graduate School of Public Health, Nursing, Pharmacy and Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic as well as notable donations of Gerald Rodnan and Mark Ravitch. They represent the tastes and interests of many collectors. The books are arranged by author and title and can be located through PittCat for the Health Sciences (Catalog). In lieu of call number, the topical collections were created. These categories expose the provenance and the strengths of our rare book collections. They focus on the most interesting books and highlight the gems. The links below offer also the list of titles in each category.
- Dentistry Collection (Dental Books - Gems and Classics)
- Psychiatry Collection (Insanity, Mental Diseases and Hospital Care)
- Public Health Collection (Epidemics, Plagues, and Fevers)
- Ravitch Collection (Hernia and General Surgery)
- Rodnan Collection (Gout and Rheumatism)
- Treasures from the Rare Book Room