HSLS provides accommodations aimed at equalizing access to library services by providing equipment and computer resources in the library’s technology areas.
Accessible Computer Stations
- Windows 10 / Main Floor: height adjustable desk, wheelchair accessible, trackball mouse, enlarged keyboard labels
- Windows 10 / Upper Floor: keyboard guards, enlarged keyboard labels, trackball mouse, wrist rest for keyboard, forearm rest
- Mac OS / Upper Floor: enlarged keyboard labels, trackball mouse, wrist rest for keyboard
- Additional equipment can be borrowed with valid Pitt ID: mini one-handed keyboard, headphones
Installed Software and Resource
- Accessible Resources folder on each public computer provides links to software, browser extensions, and websites.
- Installed software: NVDA (screen reader) and NaturalReader (text-to-speech software)
- Browser Extensions: Beeline, ; StayFocusd, Time Tracker (time tracking focus)
- Websites: Popplet (mind mapping), Readsy (focus on one word at a time), Rewordify (changes reading level), Spreeder (speed reading), Text2Speech (text-to-speech converter)
Assistance with equipment and resources in Falk Library is provided by the Technology Help Desk assistant on duty. For more information, call the help desk at 412-648-9109, or contact Julia Dahm, Technology Services Librarian.
Additional Resources on Pitt’s campus