Not every review is a systematic review. Be sure to select the review type that matches the purpose and scope of your project. All reviews should be methodical and done in a careful and deliberate manner with a defined protocol.
Questions to ask yourself:
- What is the purpose of this review?
- What is the research question?
- How long do I have to complete it?
- Am I doing it alone or part of a team?
- How much of the literature do I need to capture?
- Does my literature search have to be transparent and replicable?
- Are there standard methods that need to be followed