- Windows and MAC computers for patron use are located on both floors of Falk Library
- A University Computing Account is required to log on to the computers
- Book scanner and document feeder scanner available on upper floor
- Accessible software is available on all computers. Select computers have accessibility hardware.
- Assistance is available via the upper floor Technology Help Desk
- Operating systems, software, and equipment vary by location
Equipment and Media
Computer and scanner access in Falk Library
HSLS technology equipment available for borrowing
A Valid Pitt ID needed (Gold Cards excluded) for borrowing.
- Windows 10 laptops
- iPads & tablets
- Phone charging cords
- Mobile power stations
- Laptop charging cords and battery packs
- Mac charging cords and display adapters
- HDMI cables
- Computer mice
- Flash drives
Renew equipment online. Most equipment can be renewed for an additional 4 hours. All equipment must be returned before the library closes.
Group study room equipment
- Video cables and remote controls may be borrowed for connecting a circulating or personal laptop to the in-room screen.
- Whiteboards can be brought into rooms but cannot block doorways. Please return markers and erasers to the Technology Help Desk.
CDs and DVDs
- Media can be found via PITTCat for the Health Sciences
- DVDs are located on the Upper Floor near the journals.
- Please see the Technology Help Desk staff to retrieve CDs.
- Media may be used in the library or checked out at the Main Desk