This website will be unavailable due to maintenance for a period of 30–60 minutes on Friday, May 29 beginning at 5:30AM.
Images of Dissection
Falk Library has many superb early anatomy books that not only demonstrate a close view of human anatomy, but also the work and techniques of dissection
Please visit Falk Library to see these and related images in our rare books and in other books from our History of Medicine collection.
Recent books relating to dissection that can be borrowed from the History of Medicine collection in Falk Library include:
- Bill Hayes. The anatomist; A true story of Gray's Anatomy. 2008. [QM16.G73 H39 2008]
- Katherine Park. Secrets of women : gender, generation, and the origins of human dissection. 2006. [QM33.4 .P37 2006]
- Helen MacDonald. Human remains : episodes in human dissection. 2005 [QM33.4 .M333 2005]
- Suzanne M. Shultz. Body snatching : the robbing of graves for the education of physicians in early nineteenth century America. 1992. [HV6248 S562 1992]
- John Harley Warner and James M. Edmonson. Dissection: Photographs of a rite of passage in American medicine, 1880-1930. 2009. [QM33.4 .W37 2009]